Delivering services and goods in correspondence with customers’ up-to-date needs and demands is a necessity for a dynamic and successful business enterprise. In today’s turbulent business world, business calculations are slippery and changing all the time, so a lively interaction with target markets is essential. All these turn our attention to the key role the Market Development Department plays. This department could familiarize the authorities of a company with the real needs and demands of customers and lay the ground to attract new customers.
The most important goal of the Market Development Department is to develop and put into practice some strategies to expand the current markets or discover new ones. This will not happen unless a network of connections with target markets’ activists and stakeholders is formed.
Since NIPEC centers its activities around engineering and industrial projects, and in particular ferrous and non-ferrous industries, its Market Development Department, leaning on its hard-working personnel’s experience, focuses mainly on embarking on non-ferrous industries projects. From among the most important activities done by this department, the following could be mentioned:
- Developing strategies for encouraging interactions between potential customers and the company’s managers and manufacturers
- Controlling and managing the development of plans, and promotion plans in marketing
- Identification of the current needs and demands of the market and customers
- Trade promotion and provision of profitable opportunities for the company to help it grow
- Design and implementation of promotional plans to introduce the existing potential at NIPEC
The issue of controlling and assuring quality are some major parts of comprehensive quality management systems. The main issues in quality control are sample and product inspection, and generalization of the results to all stored products. These are done through statistical methods known as Statistical Quality Control (S.Q.C). Another method used in quality control is controlling the quality of the production process, rather than controlling the quality of the product itself. SSPC, SAS, and other similar statistical analysis software are picked and used according to the nature of the industrial unit’s activity. The assurance of quality is usually determined in terms of series of standards, namely ISO 9000, ISO 14000, and OHSAS 18000, which are checked against the internal and external audits in the organization, and are afterwards used. Thus, the procedure of quality assurance is more holistic and includes all other procedures in an organization, while quality control is solely concerned with one particular and detailed issue.
The Quality Control and Technical Inspection Department at NIPEC with regard to mechanics and equipment, structure and civil engineering, instrumentation, welding and manufacturing engineering, and surface preparation and color and coating is capable of doing the following:
- Quality engineering (including the preparation and review of the engineering and technical documents necessary for quality control and technical inspection)
- Manufacturing quality control (from the first stage of raw material supplying to the final stage of testing and delivery of equipment and systems to the site)
- Inspection of goods purchases at the place of origin
- Technical inspections and evaluation of projects’ manufacturers’ and suppliers’ abilities and delivery of related analytical, professional, and technical reports
The heart of a company is its commercial department, whose responsibility is to find profitable markets for the company on the basis of its deep knowledge of environmental conditions.
This department relies on its knowledge of industrial equipment and mastery of procurement engineering, and is well aware of international trade laws. It engages in the procurement and delivery of the domestic and foreign equipment necessary for projects.
The commercial department also is in charge of the identification of business opportunities, based on the potential of the company, and providing the required bidding documentations, to prepare the ground for contracts to be signed with new partners.
Other activities of this department at NIPEC are:
- Identification of contractors, producers, and capable vendors, in order to meet the needs of projects in terms of procurement and construction
- Preparing the Approved Vendors List (AVL), with an approach to localization of technology
- Providing the required documentations for domestic and international bidding as well as estimation of project costs
- Supplying spare parts for industrial and mineral plants
- All foreign business services such as receiving financial/technical offers, finalizing contracts, customs clearance, and transportation of the goods to the project’s site
- Preparation of pre-assessment documents to make the identification of qualified contractors to do industrial projects possible
- Financial/technical assessment of contractors taking part in bidding process
- Compilation of domestic and international contracts
- All services concerning insurance, opening credit lines, and obtaining the licenses related to industrial projects
- Compilation of all purchase, construction, and execution contracts